A question asked by people living in the Gulf (UAE, QATAR, KUWAIT…etc). It is quite a phenomena actually.
People see many Americans with Asian girlfriends or wives wondering about in Gulf countries. It seems to be a trend and everyone around here seems to be noticing it.
Of course it is nobody's business, but I guess it's like westerners wondering about Arabs and their admiration for Lebanese women (or any other question about Arabs). Each culture notices something about the other one and starts wondering.
I remember someone mentioned that it is far-Eastern Asians specifically that American males are fond of. Another person once said that it's usually Filipino, Vietnamese, Japanese or even Thai women that are the favorites.
I personally think that's generalizing about the issue which non of us has any statistics to build an argument with. Even if we did, who cares! lol
Of course this does not mean the majority of American men have Asian GFs or wives. But, for Americans that live in the gulf it is noticeable.
Over the past few years, I heard many Americans (sometimes Europeans) talking\commenting about it. Some people I know of heard their American friends also commenting about it.
These are some of the reasons mentioned (to myself or to my friends) by Americans or Europeans about Americans (some times Europeans) and their fondness of Asian women:
Note: Some of the comments below are sexual related and can be offending. Don't say I didn't warn you!
- "They are easier to deal with".
- "They are much more intriguing".
- "They never say no to our needs".
- "They are more submissive and men like that, it turns them on!"
- "They're good masseuses?!haha"
- "I am just sick and tired of American women. They are too demanding, and need to much maintenance to keep them happy".
- "Women in our country became too materialistic and demanding".
- "They are much better in bed" (excuse the language but that is what is said!).
- "Females in the US seem more concerned about gaining everything, they are forgetting that it takes two for a marriage to work out. Asians are more understanding".
- "Western women focus on money, eastern women focus and their husbands".
- "I married one just by coincidence, no reason behind it.".
- "I don't think there is a specific reason for it".
- "Maybe they make men feel special??! has to do with some men's ego problems...".
- "Asian women are more interesting".
- "They look sexier!" (I have a friend who for sure will agree with this one…lol).
- "Asian girls will do anything to please you".
- "Western women are too noisy!" (beysha7'aro ya3ny wala eh, mish fahem?!).
- "It is simple. Asian girls are easier to get. We travel a lot while our families are back home. we need to get some "you know what" and the Asians are there and they have no problem doing it.".
- "We work in this part of the world for many years. We seem to meet girls only from Philippines or any other Asian country. It just happens that we fall in love with them.".
- "It's all about availability. We are in the middle east and they are available. So what?!"
- "Too much mileage on western women"
- "We want them for our pleasure, while they want us for our passports… everyone has their agenda!".
- "Asian women seem to be more focused on their husbands and families. US women are more focused on themselves".
- "Different people have different tastes".
- "American women are too bossy".
- "It's all about the bed my friend, it's all about the bed!".
- "To Asian women we are a dream come true. To Western women we are just another guy!".
- "You have to try and see for yourself!!!".
I know some of it sounds harsh (some unacceptable), but we can not control peoples thoughts, can we?!
Besides the comments above, there are many American men who prefer fellow countrywomen. So, the above statements only represent a fracture of Americans.
At the end of the day, I guess everyone has the right to choose what he likes. Wala eh?!
Mood: A cold is on its way, what else can I say :(