Monday, April 09, 2007

When Egypt Had Princesses

Just by chance did i find this video presentation full of video and photos of Princess Fawzeya (the sister of King Farouk, the last King of Egypt who was overthrown by the revolution in 1952).

I don't know if it is the fact my grandfather (whom i am very proud of) was part of the Royal family's circle (he was an Army Pasha and worked with the King) or is it my love of history... i just daze whenever i see old photos.

Is it just me or does she really look like a movie star??
Turn your volume on! the music is great!



Mood: Pleasant :)

13 comments:

Ra3d said...

she's really amazing & looks like movie stars fe3lan,now u can proudly say that u're for natural beauty :P
i liked the music alot

Fadfadation said...

El gamal el tabe3y mafysh a7san mino.

Zeinobia said...

She reminds me with Viven Leigh of Gone with the wind
I have got be collection for her pictures even now but unfortunately I finished my bandwidth this month in flickr.com

ShAb 3AdY said...

El gamal el tabe3y mafysh a7san mino.

fe3lan nice pics

thx

Dee-Vine said...

so pretty, such a classic beauty. thank you for sharing..

Fadfadation said...

SHab 3adi, Dee-vine,

Thanks..glad you like it as much as i did :)

Zeinobia,
Yes i see what you mean :)

Memo said...

she is every thing a heart desire in a women
sooo so Beautiful
Ha3ittttttttttttttt

Amre El-Abyad said...

Fadfadation

you have got a very nice blog ..that is my first time here, but it wont be my last.

Fawziya is majesterial.But ´whati take against her is marrying a persian like PAHLAVI who is not up to her level as an Egyptian princess

Fadfadation said...

Amre El-Abyad THanks and welcome to my huble blog :)

I knew he was persian. Yet, i never knew his name :)

ArabLady said...

Wooow she was so cute…a real classical princess & ya loved the song

Fadfadation said...

Yes, she was very attractive.

Welcome to my blog O Emarati Sista :)

nousha said...

Me too I love these historical photos, and maybe it was because of my great love to my grandfather (just like u), or maybe because this period witnessed a weel-established Cairo... maybe

Anyway, thanks for the video :)

Fadfadation said...

3andek 7a2 Walahi...