Thursday, October 11, 2007

Farewell Ramadan :(

As always, Ramadan month just whizzed away :(

It is amazing how those 30 days just tend to fly!
It is as if Ramadan is telling us:"Catch me if you can!"

Note: with all due respect to Ginger Bread Man from the Ladybird stories...although it was "You can't catch me! You can't catch me!".

Yesterday, after praying the late night prayers in the Masjid (Mosque) i just rested my back against the side wall of the Masjid within the praying area and sat there for like 10 minutes.

I looked around me to see all those smiling, calm and cheerful faces greeting each other for the end of Ramadan and beginning of Eid (Eid should be on Friday, so last night was the last of Taraweeh...tentively).
Everyone was either shaking hands, hugging, or kissing on the cheeks (which is OK for people of the same sex in the middle east, part of our culture).

As i looked around, i could see that everyone else was looking around doing the same thing i was doing.
Even though not everyone knows all others, we all know each other by face.

I saw a long line of people gathering around the Imam (man who leads the prayers and gives religious lessons in the Masjid). They all just wanted to congratulate him for this occasion.

It is strange how in this Holy month and inside these Masjids people become so relaxed, welcoming, and warm to each other.

I'll miss that nice feeling one gets after prayers.
I'll miss having enough time to read Quran.
I'll miss this consintration mood i am in... as in: "controling my eyes"! lol
I'll miss Taraweeh prayers, even though the last 10 days are very tiresome.
I'll miss having Iftar (breaking fasting) at dusk, when all the family gathers together.
I'll miss eating eastern sweets (7alaweyat shameya) which i never do except in Ramadan.
I'll miss watching Arabic TV series which are a complete waste of time usually :)
I'll miss seeing all those comforted, pleasant smiles around me.
I'll miss seeing the Masjid full during Isha and Taraweh prayers, as if it was a Friday prayer.

And i know for a fact that Masjids will surely miss a lot of us (people who attended prayer in the Masjid during Ramadan), for a lot of us will go back to the habit of not praying in the Masjid.

Aaah... i miss Ramadan already :(

Mood: Ya 2alby ya kataket :(

8 comments:

gjoe said...

we all are gonna miss it..
yesterday,while my father was driving us home kept singing: "Wallah lessa badry wallaah ya shahr el syaaaam".

We did sympathize with him but we were more focused on asking him to stop singing please.

it's only a matter of 11 months and Ramadan will be here again isA!Rabbena yemed fe a3mrana bass!

Fadfadation said...

ya rab ya Gihan :)

Mohaly said...

yes, i agree with gjoe, we'll just wake up to find Eid El Adha, then the new year with its challenges, hop Summer and in no time ramadan again ... it is just 324 days 7777 hours left :)

Jade said...

Kol sana wenta tayeb ya Fedfad...

Rabena yebaleghna Ramadan...

ticknad said...

ko; sana wenta tayeb fad :DD

ZeRoCoOl said...

kol sana wenta tayeb ya fadfada

Om Luji said...

LOOOOOOOOL @ ya 2alby ya kataket :D
Kol sana wenta tayeb.

Fadfadation said...

Tecknad\Jade\ZeroCool\Om Luji,


Kol sana wento koloko tayebeen :)