Sunday, December 02, 2007

To Live As A True Muslim "MAN"...

True Muslim Men (Al-Tarf Blog)

Since I have been in the Gulf I have been lucky to attend a few religious lessons that really struck a cord inside of me.

Note: The events and words are in “relatively speaking” terms. Compiling this was difficult, so the event is not accurate.

---
I live in an area full of locals. Rarely do I see non-locals around.
There is a very posh mosque near us. I think about %90 who go there to pray or whatever are locals.

The Mosque has 3 lessons a week.

One of the days, after the prayer… and after most people left, the Imam (Islamic Cleric that leads prayer and gives lessons) sat down and looked around.

There were about 25 of us. Mainly, men between 20s and 30s, most of them were Locals.


After starting in the name of God, he then said:” Today, I want to talk to you my brothers about something we don’t really concentrate on as Muslims. Or may I say, we don’t concentrate on enough!”.

He continues: ”As I was coming into the Mosque and I saw most of you coming in, I saw the beautiful cars you are riding or coming out from…Masha2 Allah (with God’s blessing and grace).
I now sit and look around me and see very healthy, handsome, well built, rich men (ana mish minhom).
I see men from all over the Muslim world, from this country, Al Sham (Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Jordan), Egypt or even Europe (seems he thought I was European).

I see people leaving the world outside with all its glamour and errands, just to sit down here wanting to listen to a lesson that might help them get through these difficult times we are in.

Today, I want to talk to you about something young men seem to forget these days.

That thing is “Humbleness and modesty”.

Yes, my brothers. Maybe some of you now are saying:” I am fine. I am humble”.

I ask you this as young, wealthy, handsome men:

How many times have women gave you an eye because of your looks in a Market or mall and you felt your ego sky rocket?
How many times have women made a pass at you, and you went along?
How many times have people looked at you as you drove your gorgeous car, and felt good about yourself?
How many times have you walked or acted with an egoistic attitude because of any blessing God gave you?

In other terms, how many times have you “used” your looks, wealth, well built body, and even car to show off or maybe even worse... commit something wrong?

Do you not know that God said in Quran, Surat LoKman:

وَلا تُصَعِّرْ خَدَّكَ لِلنَّاسِ وَلا تَمْشِ فِي الأَرْضِ مَرَحًا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لا يُحِبُّ كُلَّ مُخْتَالٍ فَخُورٍ

And in Quran, Surat Lokman:

وَلا تَفْرَحُوا بِمَا آتَاكُمْ وَاللَّهُ لا يُحِبُّ كُلَّ مُخْتَالٍ فَخُورٍ

And in Quran, Surat Al Israa:

وَلا تَمْشِ فِي الأَرْضِ مَرَحًا إِنَّكَ لَنْ تَخْرِقَ الأَرْضَ وَلَنْ تَبْلُغَ الْجِبَالَ طُولا

And the prophet said:

"من جرَّ ثوبه خيلاء لم ينظر الله إليه يوم القيامة" (أخرجه البخاري ومسلم..

"ما تواضع أحد لله إلا رفعه الله" (جزء من حديث أخرجه مسلم..

And the list goes on…

One of you might say: ”Yes, I did that mistake. But, I am much better than other people who drink, steal, commit adultery and whatever else there is on the list of sins”.

Let me ask you a few questions to open your eyes on corners you might have missed while using such an argument…

When we are judged on Judgment day, who will judge us?
God, obviously!

OK….When God will judge us, doesn’t He judge us per the standards of conduct that He sent for us. The standards of conduct that his Prophets taught us? Or will He judge us per what “other” people do”?
He will judge us per the standards that HE sent for us. We are judged per the benchmark Quran and Suna!

OK, someone might come and say:”Well, God is merciful. No matter what I do, He will forgive me.”.

And I say: “You are right and wrong at the same time”. How? Here’s how…

Yes, God is Merciful. Merciful more than a mother upon her children.

Yet, you would be mistaken if you let yourself go and do what you want to do relaying on His Mercy without backing it up with deeds.

Brothers… God is Merciful with the ones who work for it. In other words, DO SOMETHING TO DESERVE HIS MERCY.

Just as mentioned in Surat Al Nour:

وَلا يَأْتَلِ أُولُو الْفَضْلِ مِنْكُمْ وَالسَّعَةِ أَنْ يُؤْتُوا أُولِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَالْمُهَاجِرِينَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَلْيَعْفُوا وَلْيَصْفَحُوا أَلا تُحِبُّونَ أَنْ يَغْفِرَ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
Someone might say: “God can be Merciful to the extent that HE sends us to heaven just because we worshiped Him”.

I’d say:”Yes, you are right. But, let me ask you a last question…

Can you guarantee it?
Can you come now and tell me… I guarantee God will forgive me and send me to heaven?

Even Omar Ibn Al Khatab as he was dying, he was shivering with fear. He didn’t know whether God will forgive him and embrace him with his Mercy.

Didn’t God say in Surat Mariyam:”

أَطَّلَعَ الْغَيْبَ أَمِ اتَّخَذَ عِنْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ عَهْدًا

No one knows where they will end up, whether in heaven or hell.
Work for your place in heaven. Do something to deserve that place and remember this…

God said in Surat Al Ankaboot:

وَمَا هَذِهِ الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا إِلا لَهْوٌ وَلَعِبٌ

And in Surat Al Hadeed:

اعْلَمُوا أَنَّمَا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا لَعِبٌ وَلَهْوٌ وَزِينَةٌ وَتَفَاخُرٌ بَيْنَكُمْ وَتَكَاثُرٌ فِي الأَمْوَالِ وَالأَوْلادِ كَمَثَلِ غَيْثٍ أَعْجَبَ الْكُفَّارَ نَبَاتُهُ ثُمَّ يَهِيجُ فَتَرَاهُ مُصْفَرًّا ثُمَّ يَكُونُ حُطَامًا وَفِي الآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ شَدِيدٌ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ مِنَ اللَّهِ وَرِضْوَانٌ وَمَا الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا إِلا مَتَاعُ الْغُرُورِ

I apologize if I took too much of your time, but we now come to the part I want you to think of...

Don’t you think O "young, healthy, and well off" men that now is the time to have some TRUE Muslim “MEN” out there?!

Haven’t we got enough half-good Muslim men out there?

You meet a muslim with good manners, but he doesn’t pray.
You meet a muslim who prays, but chases girls.
You meet a muslim who goes to Haj, but drinks liquor.
You meet a muslim who gives Alms (sadaka), yet abuses his wife and ill treats her.
You meet a muslim that talks the talk, but doesn’t walk the walk.
And the list goes on...

Don’t you think now is the time for some True Muslim "MEN" out there?
Don’t you think YOU CAN CHANGE THAT pitiful reality we live in?

I want each one of you after this lesson to go home and go look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself this question:

AM I THE MUSLIM MAN PROPHET MOHAMMAD WANTED AND WOULD BE PROUD OF?”

It is time my brothers that each one of us starts changing…
Live as men brothers…live as men and make your prophet PROUD!

---

Throughout my life I was never a show off type of guy. I guess it was how I was brought up to be.
I am not saying I am excellent or the best (who am I aslan?!). But, what I want to say is that since that lesson, I have been trying to make it a point to to do my best.
Failure will happen on the way, but i'll try to keep on going, ISA :)

This was one lesson I can hardly forget!

Mood: Nefsi a3eesh Ragel waa amoot Ragel!

4 comments:

Jade said...

Wow nice post Fedfad...
I like shiekhs that speak of the little things in life & stop harrassing people over big stuff...

Surely with one step at a time we will all be better people.
I just wish you spoke more of how a man can be modest - How he can even be modest with his own self - as in not have to buy the latest most posh car & replace it for something a little less cheaper & give to the needy... or how loving & befriending the poor - making them feel that we are all ONE....

But maybe that's for another time... Unfortunately - males of our generation cant get enough of showing off & being "jerks" to the poor.

God bless you & your family...

J

Fadfadation said...

THanks J,

I think you are right, these days it's all about showing off...in everything.

lelasaf!

gjoe said...

a.m.a.z.i.n.g post!
la2 begad et2assart!!

"
.When God will judge us, doesn’t He judge us per the standards of conduct that He sent for us. The standards of conduct that his Prophets taught us? Or will He judge us per what “other” people do”?
He will judge us per the standards that HE sent for us. We are judged per the benchmark Quran and Suna!"


I Loved That Part..str8 to the point!

CresceNet said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.