- Turkey is a democratic republic. Great!
- Elections' results there represent what people want.
- There is no forging or manipulation of election results going on there (unlike what happened\happens in Egypt).
- It is known that Turks elected a Political party with an Islamic background rule (Justice and Development political party).
- This ruling party has the right to elect one from amongst them to go for presidency. After which elections will decide who wins.
Of course, this act is non-democratic since the army should be idle in political debates or elections (at lease that is what democratic regimes go by).
But, hey... when it comes to "SAVING" secularism...anything is allowed! wala eh?! mahi kooosa ba2a!